Program for Innovation, Design and Entrepreneurship at Stevens (IDEAS)
PROtotype Object Fabrication (PROOF) Laboratory
How to use this portal?
PROOF LAB IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING JOBS. PRINT QUEUE WILL BE PROCESSED FROM FEB 1
- How to submit a job:
- Sign in with Login (top-right) option and your @stevens.edu email.
- We use Google accounts and Google signs you in with Stevens credentials.
- After a successful login, you will see "My PortFolio"- Drop down menu.
- If you are stuck in a sign-out of all accounts loop, point your browser to google.com and sign out of all accounts. Close the browser and go back to the app.
- To start a project and submit a job or to view status, use the " My Portfolio" drop down menu.
- Login to the portal and check the part status: "In Print Queue" indicates it is being printed.
- Part pickup: When the status changes to "Delivered," your part is ready for pickup.
- Pick up Location: Proof Lab (GAC-South Hall - Room 139) during the pick up hours
- Pick up Hours: Tuesday 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM; Thursday 12:00 Noon - 3:00 PM ;
Create an educational environment that integrates entrepreneurial thinking with engineering design.
Curriculum design and course content that enables following student learning outcomes:
- Be cognizant of the constituents who will be impacted with a novel solution to the problem.
- Be curious about the societal, humanitarian and marketplace impact of a design.
- Conceptualize and articulate the innovation or technology breakthrough and its value to the constituents.
- Analyze, prioritize and optimize solutions to complex problems.
- Follow structured and unstructured processes to hypothesize multiple design concepts to address to the problem.
- Evaluate the performance, cost and sustainability of a design using physical, mathematical and virtual methods.
- Identify the most effective/optimal solution that satisfies a maximal set of posed requirements.
- Cultivate necessary connections and communication skills to articulate and highlight the effectiveness of a solution and capable of generating necessary resources to solve the problem.
- Produce implementations or prototypes of solutions and assess their effectiveness for solving the stakeholder problems.
- Operate and maintain the designed product/service.
- Take the risks associated in transitioning their invention into products/services with commercial, societal or humanitarian impact.
- The IDEAS program maintains several key resources that form the essential infrastructure for an innovation engine.
- The PROtotype Object Fabrication Laboratory (PROOF Lab) is resource for quickly creating functional prototypes as well as produce small lots for demonstrations and testing.
- Click here for a list of 3D printers in the lab.
- PROOF Lab currently has CNC mill, CNC router, CNC Winder, Benchtop Injection Molder, Composites Molding equipment, CNC Wire Bender, and a variety of 3D printers, including small and large FDM printers, Polyjet (Objet-350), SLA and ceramic (green body) printing machines. Lab can also customize 3D printers for various research applications. All access to the lab is federated through this portal.
- The laboratory supports robotics, electro-mechanical, sensing and electronics systems development. The lab also has 3D laser scanners that can produce 3D digital models of objects with sizes ranging from few millimeters to several hundred meters.